Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Soooo we arent exactly a bunch....but

We are growing strong and proud to announce a new addition to our family scheduled to make an appearance around April 6th of next year. It has been a month now since we first found out. Below is a little blurb I wrote on the day we found out the best news of our lives together.

After almost two years of playing this day out in my head, I no longer have to wonder what it will feel like, what my reaction will be, what others reactions will be, or for that matter if it will even happen. It is here, it is now, and I couldn’t be more excited. Even though I am not letting myself get too excited. After, waiting for something month after month for 18 months, it’s hard not to! Today, July 27, 2010, I tested positive on three home pregnancy tests. I can almost scream to the hill tops…WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!! No matter how positive the test have been, I am still having a hard time letting my head wrap around this concept. I am in shock and slowly letting it sink in.

That same day, July 27, 2010, I came home with a positive pregnacy test and showed it to Kent. He stared at it as I did and asked if it was real. :)) I was so glad to be able to tell him, "Ummm, I think so...I sure hope so!! It's as real as it's never been before!" He then said, "I assume you have taken more than one?", which I had. So the journey began.

Shortly, after we found out we couldn't help but tell our parents and closest friends. We knew then, as we know now, we aren't totally in the clear but we couldn't wait. I was so excited to tell my parents that they were finally going to be grandparents! I gave my dad a copy of Jack and the Beanstalk as this was one of my favorite books he read to me and I gave Glenda a baby shoe charm from James Avery. Before I even could get the book out of my hand to give to my dad I started crying. I thought maybe by the look in his eyes that he somehow already knew what I was about to tell him. However, he just thought I was being emotional over the memories of our times reading together. Kent gave Glenda the charm and immediately we knew she got the message by her reaction. I am not for sure when dad picked up on it but we were all so excited to share such a great moment. I gave my mom a grandmother angel and in return she gave me a look of disgust as if to say, "How dare you say I am a Grandma??" Then she realized the truth of the matter...she was going to be a grandma! Kent told his mom by asking if she was going to be able to make one of her infamous afghans by April...she replied, "Next April???,  I think I could manage that." One glance at Kent and myself and she shortly realized this blanket we were asking about was going to be for her fourth grandchild.

Five days after we found out, we had a trip planned with my family to New Braunfels. Doesn't floating down the river in 105 degree heat in freezing cold water sound like fun when you're expecting?? I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Cade was looking forward to it so much and Kent and I were ready for a much needed break. Of course, I wanted to share the news with my family but it had just been five days! We had a blast and I want all the fam to know I wanted to tell you more than anything and talk baby talk the whole time but  I was scared!!! I thought I had made it through the week without anyone suspecting anything, come to find out the last day everyone wasn't only suspecting... they were convinced that I was pregnant!

Now there was one more VERY important delivery we had to make. One we wanted to be the most careful with but by far one of the most exciting...CADE!!! I got on amazon weeks ago and picked out a couple of books for big brothers. Kent and I both wrote a special message in the book for Cade. The first time...actually make that the first three times he read, "We are having a baby!!" it didn't quite sink in. He would look up at us and say it as if he was reading the lamest book from kindergarten. Finally, it sunk in, and we have talked about it non stop. We are so excited to finally get to share these moments with him and begin our memories as a bunch!





A month has passed. I wake everyday with a smile on my face thinking about the life growing inside me that myself and Kent have been so blessed to be a part of already. It has sunk in, little by little, day by day, and now each time I hear the rhythm of the tiny heart beating inside me, I know this will be music to my ears for years to come.

For those of you who supported us through the last couple years, I thank you all dearly and we couldn't have made it without you. I can't wait to share this journey with all of you.

4 comments:

  1. awe I am so proud and happy for you and Kent!! finally!!!!! love yall and new little babyBarnes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man this made me have tears in my eyes and fight back a frown face at work! I am so happy for you guys! And so happy that our kids will be just a few months apart! What a special time! I love you both more than you could ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chills! Love the post Faith :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so, so, so happy for you. I, too, have thought about how this time would play out for you, and I am just so thankful to be a part of you and "yo baby's" life! :) Love you to death. This is such an amazing time, and I just cannot WAIT for you to experience it all. And even better, I get to be with you the whole way. Love you, love you, love you.

    ReplyDelete