Thursday, October 4, 2012


We have had many first in this first five weeks. I should have been blogging about each one individually but that didn’t happen. I have had a lot less time than I ever would have imagined.

We had our first doctor’s appointment. five days  after she was born. We chose Dr. Watts in Granbury, and we have really been happy with her. Our first appointment was five days after she was born. Our first time out of the house and I was very nervous! She cried the whole time and I had my first experience with nursing in public, a little sooner than I was comfortable with but we made it. I had lots of cry moments that I was able to hold back during this appointment. Just walking into the room with Kent and Krosby made me so happy. That our dream of a baby was real and we were all together at her first doctor’s appointment. She actually gained weighed and most babies lose weight.  Then there was her two week appointment, the inevitable, the pricking of the foot. I thought I could handle it. Actually, I knew I could. I made it about half way through her sad piercing cry and felt strongly about it until.. I saw the real tear. Krosby had been a crier since she was born, she still is even after getting relief from her Zantac but I had NEVER seen her cry a real tear. This one tear in the middle of her eye was instant tears for me. She was in pain. I was trying my hardest to hold my tears to a minimum until the nurse pointed it out. She said, “Mom are you okay?” I didn’t answer. I knew Kent heard her. If I tried to answer it would have been a sea of tears we could have rode out of the doctor’s office on. So I continued to ignore her and I was finally able to compose myself.

Then there was our first time to leave Krosby and Kent and I’s first dinner out. Nana (Kent’s mom) offered to watch Krosby so we could go to dinner. I was soo excited. I had been in the house for three weeks at this time, out a couple times but never without baby. I needed a break. Kent and I went to Stumpys and had a great time with each other. Speaking of time with each other, during the last few weeks I have laughed so much with Kent. I am guessing this has to do in part from delirium. Kent and I would go to bed and laugh at each other until we fell asleep. These were moments that I will cherish forever.


Brothers first time  bottle feeding
Upon doctor’s orders, Krosby got her first bottle of breast milk at three weeks in order to help her when I have to go back to work. I had been looking forward to doing this. I really thought…just the thought…of someone being able to feed her besides myself would be a lot of pressure off my back. But now it makes me sad when she feeds from the bottle and I don’t want to give her one if unless necessary. Go figure. One of those weird mom things that I am sure will go away and I will be grateful for the bottle again.

Beginning of the "girl hawk"

Uncle Craig's "first" time holding a newborn not his own.
Soooo here I am now, going on Krosby’s 8 week birthday, looking back at the five week blog I never posted. I am going to try to sum this old 5 week blog up to start with the 8 week blog. 

First Easter
First Bath with Brother's help
Summing up the first five weeks: Incredible love, pain, tears, learning, pooping, crying, exhaustion, more tears, smiling, more pooping, but more than anything the love just keeps coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment